career opportunity Human Resource Practioner Cape Town June 2017
Employment vacancy Human Resource Practioner Cape Town June 2017
Now hiring Human Resource Practioner Cape Town June 2017
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Location:||Cape Town, Claremont|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Our client, an established medium-sized family office and asset management company, would like to appoint a strong HR practitioner to provide an efficient human resource support service to the divisions by implementing and coordinating initiatives to ensure a motivated and focused workforce that functions effectively.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide an effective recruitment and selection service to the appointing directors/managers, from conceptualising and understanding the role through to assisting with selection decisions; ensure compliance with relevant organisational processes and labour legislation in this regard
- Coordinate recruitment activities, including the placement of advertisements, receiving of applications, short-listing of applications, arranging interviews, psychometric testing, competency-based assessments, as well as, conducting background checks
- Compile appointment documentation and assist appointee in terms of sign-on process
- Handle the on-boarding of new employees, including induction programmes, documentation, etc.
- Maintain employee records (contracts, remuneration details, banking details, address details, contact numbers, position detail and any other employee discretionary benefits) and ensure that necessary systems are updated accordingly
- Liaise with payroll in respect of overtime, commission, cellphone, laptop subsistence payments and deductions (advances, garnishee, and maintenance orders, unpaid leave, etc.), ensuring that appropriate authorisation is obtained prior to payroll processing
- Assist employees with all human resource-related queries
- Manage the exit experience for exiting employees (generate exit documentation, ensure all agreements, i.e. bursary/maternity agreements are executed, assist and advise exiting employees, liaise with third parties to ensure seamless exit transactions)
- Advise directors/managers and staff on employee relations issues, implement, and coordinate disciplinary and grievance resolution processes and assist with consultation processes as required, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- Assist the payroll administrator/financial manager with co-ordination of all payroll input documentation on a monthly basis, including documentation related to new employees and terminations, salary adjustments, changes to benefits, and any other instructions which have an impact on the monthly payroll; ensure all necessary authorisations have been obtained before submission to payroll, and that information is accurate and complete
- Coordinate the implementation of the bi-annual performance review for designated divisions and advise directors/managers on processes/issues involved
- Arrange quarterly staff meetings and coordinate the quarterly employee awards nomination process
- Monitor and maintain the accuracy of employee information on the human resource information system so as to allow for accurate reporting
- Compile statutory, absenteeism, training, and development and staff movement reports, as and when required
- Ensure general human resource administration is completed accurately and timeously, through effective time management
- Conduct exit interviews to facilitate analysis of retention trends
The abilities that the suitable candidate needs in order to perform this role effectively include:
• Developing relationships
• Strong service orientation
• Results orientation
• Attention to detail
• Conflict handling skills
• Empathy and interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Integrity and trustworthiness
The compensation package for this position is market-related and commensurate with qualification and experience.
Should you meet these requirements and am interested in applying for the position, please forward your resumé, two contactable referees and supporting documents to Glenda at email@example.com before the closing date: 09 June 2017.
Please note, if you have not heard from us by 20 June 2017, you should consider your application unsuccessful. In terms of Employment Equity guidelines, the company aims to provide equal opportunities. The company reserves the right to not fill the position should a suitable candidate not be found.
Posted on 26 May 09:55