Career recruitment Software Development Manager – Open Source Cape Town June 2017
Employment opportunity Software Development Manager – Open Source Cape Town June 2017
Job recruitment Software Development Manager – Open Source Cape Town June 2017
A fast-paced leading online retailer seeks a software development manager to join a versatile and creative senior IT management team.
- As the development manager, you will lead a group of development leads to enable a dynamic team of developers constantly striving for quality solutions that are delivered on time, within budget and scope, and drive a culture of quality and personal accountability.
- You will need a strong understanding of large-scale e-commerce platform development, have experience building RESTful web applications and an appreciation of the technical challenges developers face.
- You will be from a development background and have a good understanding of architectural practices having worked with or lead an architecture team.
- You will be an advocate of Agile engineering practices and you will have prior line management experience with a track record of keeping highly skilled developers motivated.
- You will line manage several development teams, distributed across both website and back office applications. Mentoring and developing the development team member’s careers and maximising individual and team potential is required.
- You will lead your teams to refine their Agile development process and take the lead in driving engineering initiatives to improve productivity. We believe in TDD and Continuous delivery and this should be a passion of yours.
- Successfully launch new products quickly as well as manage a large existing code base
- 10 years’ enterprise level web and application development experience
- Five years’ experience managing software development teams
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of a broad mix of technologies, including Python, JS frameworks, MySQL Server, Web Services and Web service management, caching and load balancing technology, Windows/Linux operating systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and lead a team of independent and creative thinkers
- Proven track record of leading and managing teams on complex software projects
- Worked in or managed Agile development teams
- A strong advocate of TDD and test automation practises within development teams
- Worked in a team working towards or having successfully delivered continuous delivery of code
- Experience working with SOA based architectural principles and possibly MicroServices
- Using source code control (TFS, Subversion, Git) in multi-branch environments
- Using tracking system and enterprise documentation tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- You may have a respected blog or you contribute to development community events and conferences
- Your aim will be to work in a fast-paced start-up environment and share in the excitement of growing a global online business
- Experience working with Cloud hosting providers (Amazon AWS preferred) and tools such as Kubernetes
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Working with Open source technology frameworks and development tools
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a Word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.