Employment opportunity Junior Product Owner Cape Town June 2017
Employment recruitment Junior Product Owner Cape Town June 2017
career vacancy Junior Product Owner Cape Town June 2017
A web design and development company based in Cape Town is looking for a junior product owner to be responsible for eliciting the requirements from the client, distilling, and documenting them into deliverable user stories with complete acceptance criteria and prioritising them. You must convey a clear product vision and ‘what we are trying to achieve’ statement to the team, as well as ensure the quality of delivery.
- Gather requirements from the client
- Document and translate requirements into user stories, workflows, wireframes, and data models
- Produce requirements specification documents
- Keep the backlog prioritised and refined at all times
- Communicate clear and engaging product vision to the team and define objectives
- Support the development team by ensuring that the requirements are always clear
- Communicate time estimates, questions and technical issues back to the client
- Manage clients’ change requests and expectations
- Negotiate disputes about requirements and priority
- Ensure quality of delivery is acceptable from the client and end-users’ point of view
- As a member of the team, the PO is expected to adhere to Agile principles, demonstrate high availability to the client as well as the team, have a lot of business and technical savvy as well as good communication skills
- Passion for business analysis and UI design
- Experience as product owner, business analyst or digital project manager specifically with regard to the web or mobile application projects
- Advanced degree in related field preferred
- Analytical thinking and attention to details
- Good communication skills and ability to adapt to different personality types
- Candidate must be highly organised and dependable
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a Word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.